Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate Haze: It's all about the car....really.

"Ummm, yeah." I said coherently. "I am here because you said you needed me and, regardless of how much it pains me, I care about your needs still." I said to him.

He grinned. "I didn't exactly say I needed you. I said I needed to talk to you." He told me.

Such an ass, I thought. "Look, I'm sorry I ran off. What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked him in as pleasant a voice as I could muster under the circumstances.

He walked off without replying. Back towards his house. I knew I deserved that. I trailed after him. I looked back at my car. Did I really want to leave it out here and come back for it? My baby that I spent years saving for and hours lovingly washing and waxing? Not a chance. I went back to my car, revved it up and pulled up next to him. "Get in" I commanded. He looked at me like I was crazy. And kept walking. So I drove to his house, got out of my car and leaned against it, and waited for him in the driveway. I battled my feelings for the 10 minutes it took him to walk back. I really wanted to run, get in my car and run (or drive) as fast as possible away from him. I battled my demons and forced myself to stay put. We really did need to talk.

No comments: